Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First entry

So, I finally set up a blog, amazing I know. I will apologize in advance for my horrible grammer and spelling. Writing is not my favorite thing to do.
We have been in our new home in Arizona for 1 month, 1 week and 3 days. I love my house and the area we live in. I love being able to sit in my swing every morning by the pool and drink my coffee IN NOVEMBER!!! The weather this time of year is beautiful. When we moved here in October the temp was in the low nineties, then November brought eighties and now the seventies. Everyone tells me it will cool down enough to wear a jacket but so far so good. The sunshine every day helps me stay upbeat and positive. The only things lacking here is the absence of my family and friends. Now that life has calmed down a bit I have found myself lonely for my good friends to pal around with. I miss having Friday lunch with Donna, Hilary and Allison. I miss having coffee with Brenda and Wendy. I miss the Bunco gang every month. I even miss my kids' friends always at my house driving me crazy! It's those little every day things that I'll treasure.
The kid's seem to be doing alright. Maggie has made some cute friends that she hangs out with. She is planning on trying out for High School softball in January. She is still trying to figure out how to get her horse here. We lucked out finding a boarding facility right by our house. It's very nice with an on site tack store. It's more expensive than what we were paying in Salem so she will definitely have to get a job after the holidays to pay her share.
Morgan has had a hard time adjusting to more homework. The schools here are much more demanding and thorough. I think it's good for him to learn to get organized and work hard. He still loves to play W.O.W. on the computer a bit too much.
Dezi has made a lot of new friends. There are quite a few girls on our street she plays with on a regular basis. We had a Luau party in the backyard for her ninth birthday. It was a lot of fun.
Rider goes to a new preschool on Tues. and Thurs. mornings. It's taught out of the teacher's home right in my neighborhood. He loves it! He usually rides his bike (without training wheels) across the street to the park every day and plays and plays. There always seems to be kids there to play with.
All in all we are doing pretty darn good. I have 3 big grow boxes on the side of my house for a garden. We have enjoyed tons of tomatoes, a couple green peppers, carrots and green onions. I'm so excited to plant veggies next spring! I also have a lemon tree and a pomegranate tree! I love it!
I want to end this entry with love and remembrance of my Grandma, Helen Warnick West, who died today at 4:00 a.m. She was born in Pleasant Grove, Utah on Feb. 8, 1919. She was 89 years old. I will miss her so very much. She was a very important person in my life who helped me in more ways than I can tell.
I LOVE YOU GRANDMA, FOREVER AND ALWAYS MY GRANDMA YOU'LL BE!

Over and out, Bye for now.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Nice first post - enjoy that wonderful weather!

B said...

Your place and day to day life sounds fantastic. I'm happy to hear how well all is going for you. Sounds like the kids are loving it as well. I miss having coffee with you and your witty conversations. I'm sure with your fun personality you will be having play dates with girlfriends again very soon. I'm sorry to hear of your Grandma's passing. She sounds like a wonderful person in your life. It was nice to hear such high respect and love you have for her. You both have been lucky to share that relationship you shared with each other. Keep posting I think about you guys often. -Brenda

mary jane said...

Hi Morgana! Allison sent me the link to your blog...I'm excited to keep up with you this way. I'm sorry about your grandma...she sounds like a wonderful lady. My mom has Warnick cousins...we'll have to compare notes sometime to see if they are related!

Nilsson News said...

i am so glad you love arizona!!